[PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.

Craighead, Scot D craighead.scot at vectorscm.com
Sat Mar 30 18:31:22 UTC 2002

>That metamorphosis is EXACTLY what Marx describes in Capital.
>
>He claimed that as technology improved, the same would happen to all
>industries.

Is it?  I don't know what the music industry will look like in few years.
What I expect is that different companies are going to establish business
models that work with the new technologies and will profit.  The companies
that
never accept the change will parish.  We can debate the ethics of sharing
files endlessly, but that won't stop people from doing it.  Neither will
Congress
and niether will Microshaft.  What does that have to Marx?  The capitalists
will find a way to make money off of it.

>Well, you should be locked, loaded, and holding down the National Gaurd
>at the airport, then.
>
>They've already changed FAA regulations so that federal agents are the
>ones handling airport security.  There is no reason to believe this is a
>temporary state of affairs.  Certainly the airlines have no interest in
>taking up that extra expense again.

I think we need beefed up security at airports right now.  Airlines are
paying
for the security.  It is called tax.  Airlines want to get rid of the
security
anyway because it slows down their operation and discurages business.  We
will
return to business as usual before you know it.

>And I was countering your counter by showing that it isn't capitalists
>doing the educating, it's a public agency.

But haven't you said that the capitalists control the government and
therefore
the public agencies?

>Absolutely.  Fascism is the ultimate goal of capitalists, whether they
>know it or not.  It means for happy workers, working hard without regard
>for themselves.

I don't think the workers were very happy.

>Whoa.  Go back and look at this situation again from the perspective of
>history.  We have more information now than we had even fifteen years
>ago on this subject.

.
.
.
In general, people really didn't think the U.S. should be involved in
foreign war.

.
.
.
Three days later, FDR cut off the oil.
.
.
.

>(since Russia hadn't been a viable trade partner in almost fifty years).

>You'll not convince me that the American public new what was happening to
>the Jews.  (I have relatives that were alive then.)  As for the aristocasy,
>don't people constantly claim the Jew control the News Media?
>
>But we CAN declare ware on "terror"?  My point is that the chosen "enemy"
>was as non-specific as possible.  You don't know if you're the enemy
>until they crash through your door (or, in our case, run you down with
>horses).

So should we do nothing?  Clinton tried that and it didn't work.

>I find complete sentences interesting. :)

Sorry if you don't like my writing style.  It is what it is.