[PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Sun Mar 31 04:41:21 UTC 2002

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Craighead, Scot D wrote:
> >The point is that a market without scarcity ceases to be a market.
>
> I disagree.  No matter how abundant food becomes there will be a
> market for it.  Anyting that is needed, no matter how insignificant,
> has a market.

You completely misunderstood my sentence.

Without scarcity, a market ceases to be a market.  If food were not
scarce, there would be no market.  Food, being a material good, is going
to be scarce until we have Star Trek-like replicators and generators.

Oxygen is needed, but has no market (yet) because it is abundant (for
now).

> >Clinton was quite probably the worst President the U.S. had ever had
> >with regard to human rights both foreign and domestic.  Likely Bush'll top
> >him, though.
>
> At least we can agree on something.  I think Clinton was the worst
> president I have ever seen.  He gave China most favored nation status
> after the murders in Tienamen square.  Strong message there.  What a
> scumbag

To the perceived "two sides" of the American political coin, the
Republicans and Democrats are alternating a kind of "good cop, bad cop".
The truly sick part is that it's just so much spin on a common agenda.

But at least he was elected in the usually corrupt way, rather than the
way the Bush family had to rewrite the law to make way for their boy.

Personally, I think it's time to write a new Constitution (borrowing
heavily from the old one, with some of the standing modifications and a
few of our own), send "King George II" a copy of Jefferson's Declaration
and get started on a society that isn't full of shit.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net