[PLUG-TALK] Way off topic :-)

Mike Witt mike at computer-arts.net
Thu May 2 01:15:38 UTC 2002

This is like the weirdest (I assume) SPAM I've ever seen.
Has anyone else seen this, or anything like it.

-Mike

From: Dr Matthew Ogburu <ogburum at qrio.com>
To: mike at computer-arts.net
Subject: Business Proposal
Sender: Dr Matthew Ogburu <ogburum at qrio.com>
Date:  Thu, 2 May 2002 01:44:24 +0200

First, I must solicit your strictest confidence in this
transaction. This is by virtue of its nature
as being utterly confidential and "top secret". We are top
officials of the Federal Government Contract Review
Panel who are interested in importation of goods into our country
with funds that are presently trapped in Nigeria. In order to
commence this business, we solicit your assistance to enable us
transfer into your account the said-trapped funds.

The source of the fund is as follows: During the regime of the
last Military transitional government of Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar,
government officials set up companies and awarded themselves
contracts which were grossly over invoiced in various ministries.
The present democratic government of President Olusegun Obasanjo
set up the Contract Review Panel and we have identified a lot
of inflated contract funds that are presently floating in the
Central Bank of Nigeria ready for payment. However, by virtue of our
position as civil servants and members of this panel, we cannot
acquire this money in our names. I have therefore been delegated as a
matter of trust by my colleagues in the panel, to look for an oversea
 partner into whose account we would transfer the sum of
US$31,320,000.00 (Thirty-One Million, Three Hundred and Twenty
thousand United States Dollars) in which we hope to use in purchasing Agro
Allied equipment, and to enable us to own properties and invest in the stable economy
of your country. Hence, we
are sending you this email message. We have agreed to share the
money thus:
1. 20% for the account owner (you)
2. 70% for us (the officials of the CRP)
3. 10% to be used in settling taxation and all local and foreign
expenses.
Due to our poor Telecommunication system and for purpose of strict
confidentiality you are to respond via Fax No: 15169779097 or
Call me on 2348033002464
e-mail:  ogburum at qrio.com  Please acknowledge receipt of this
message for proper briefing on the safe modality for the execution.
Yours faithfully

Dr. Matthew Ogburu
NOTE: PLEASE QUOTE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER (MO/04/01) IN ALL YOUR
REPONSES