[PLUG-TALK] Tickets to the WUSA All-Star Soccer game

Brent Rieck bsr at spek.org
Sun Nov 10 00:48:04 UTC 2002

On Sat, 2002-11-09 at 13:37, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> Oh, and PGE just paid to put its name on the side of a building, the
> "advertising" is being done to some small extent by those promoting events
> in the stadium but mostly by people who use the name because they think
> they are obligated to do so.

And because they pretty much have to - "Civic Stadium" no longer exists:
(new) maps don't show it, road signs don't point toward it, it's not
listed in the phone book, and few people (oddly) don't remember it as
"Civic Stadium".  I often call it "Civic Stadium" because that's what I
remember it as from childhood but am constantly surprised at how many
people go "Huh?  Where?"

--Brent