[PLUG-TALK] Renting silent movies

Paul Heinlein heinlein at attbi.com
Tue Sep 17 08:35:16 PDT 2002

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, David Pool wrote:

> If you're dead set on paying money for them I can't help you out,
> but if you're willing to check them out for free - you should look
> into the public library system. By my count they've got 115 silent
> movies (some on DVD). You can place them on hold over the web and
> have them delivered to your nearest branch. Then you have them for 3
> weeks. It's a sweet deal.

Good call. I live down in Gladstone, but the Clackamas County library
system (now) has roughly the same web interface for online account
management as Multnomah Co:

  http://ipac.lincc.lib.or.us:81/ipac20/ipac.jsp?profile=pub

I realized the other day that my oldest daughter (2nd grade) has never
seen a silent movie. Since she and my wife are both down with a cold
today, I thought a Chaplin or Keaton movie might be a nice treat for
this evening. (I've got a hunch my 2-year-old will find it equally as
hilarious.)

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>