[PLUG-TALK] Renting silent movies

Jeremy Miller jmplug at sourtrout.com
Tue Sep 17 16:32:17 UTC 2002

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 08:35:16AM -0700, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> Good call. I live down in Gladstone, but the Clackamas County library
> system (now) has roughly the same web interface for online account
> management as Multnomah Co:
>
>   http://ipac.lincc.lib.or.us:81/ipac20/ipac.jsp?profile=pub

A lot of libraries have these nowadays.  It's a package deal from the library
automation system vendor, which interfaces with the existing system.  Sometimes
they are extremely customizable, sometimes barely at all.  (Usually with
some bizarre proprietary macro language in combination with regular html.
At least ours is. :)

Both of those libraries are Dynix systems, which is one of the nicer ones.
(At least their OPAC looks nice... I'm not familiar with the rest of it.)
Ours is absolutely horrid in its default state.  I've straightened it out quite a
bit, but it still has a long way to go, in my opinion anyway.  I can't wait
till some other projects are done with, so I can focus on it again.

Anyway, that is one of my favorite things about working where I do...
immediate convenient access to a fairly large and high quality DVD collection!
(And tons of videos. And books too, I guess.  Love it.)

Jeremy