[PLUG-TALK] Tickets to the WUSA All-Star Soccer game

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Sep 19 23:47:59 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Jeme" == Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net> writes:

John> Game starts at 1pm at PGE Park.

Jeme> Those of us without a commercial interest in the place still
Jeme> call it Civic Stadium.

Jeme> After all, they're not paying YOU to use their stupid name.

I agree.  I mean, who is the real subversive here.  Is it the person
who wants to call it what it has always been called, or is it the
"legal entity" who wants to colonize your brain [1]?

[1] and, to paraphrase a line from Full Metal Jacket, not even having
    the common decency to give you a "reach around".

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more