[PLUG-TALK] DSL? need static IP

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Aug 20 00:02:26 PDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Brian Benson wrote:
> What I am finding is that if you whant DSL service in Portland then you
> have to pay for the QWest or Verizon Telco Line and then you have to pay
> again for the actual ISP. Right now I pay Speakeasy about $100 bucks a
> month in Santa Cruz, CA for a 1.5M/768k connection with 2 IPs. The best
> match I can find in Portland is a Qwest-Easystreet combo for $185/Month.
> There has to be some kind of company that can match Speakeasys prices.

I don't pay Qwest for my DSL.  I have a Covad line through Speakeasy and
pay one bill.  I don't have quite the upstream bandwidth you have, but
just about that downstream and with 8 static IPs I pay just over that
$100.  They're awesome about billing and have always ruled any
discreprencies in my favor.  They're fantastic about reverse DNS and just
all around nice people.

And while the recent management changes worry me a little, I totally agree
with the philosophy behind them.

We'll see.
J.
--