[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] OT License plates and covers.

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Fri Dec 12 18:59:37 UTC 2003

* Paul Johnson <baloo at ursine.ca> [2003-12-11 18:31]:
> None have been the fault of the train since the line opened.

I thought so, but I wasn't 100% sure.

> > I don't see cars playing football in parks, so why should people play
> > football in the street?
>
> Because motorists have a revokable privilege to the street.  Thinking
> you're better and have more right to something just because you have
> more weight behind you in a vehicle is bully behavior on a criminally
> stupid level.

Thinking you can win against a heavier, harder object is fatally stupid.

I agree that people should drive more responsibly. I also know that
there are a lot of stupid people driving cars. As a driver, I know that
a lot of stupid people walk also.

The point being that we must deal with reality. Wishing cars away won't
do it. Until circumstances change, peds and cars must co-exist. Bitching
about it on this list (or plug) won't change matters one iota.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #9 (Collect all 22)
"There is no knowledge that is not power." - Mortal Kombat Three