[PLUG-TALK] Chirac's shocker... Iraq.

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Thu Dec 25 06:38:57 UTC 2003

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003, alex wrote:
> So you must advocate people procreating all over the place and then the
> rest of us making sure that the children they have are fed and clothed
> with a roof over their head?

I advocate people doing what they think is right.  Some people thinking
having kids is right.  Most people think making sure the hungry are fed
and the cold clothed is right.

> Why place that kind of burden on responsible people who may be making it
> on a shoe string budget?

We're all in this together.  It's a big world.  That hungry kid could be
the next Einstein, Gauss, Faulkner or Stallman.

> Why not teach people to keep their pants on(or use other methods if they
> just have to have sex)in the first place and then we'd have a lot less
> problems

We can teach that... that's fine.  I'm all for teaching that.  But for the
kids that already exist, we have to give them everything we can to make
things better for the next round.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin