[PLUG-TALK] Chirac's shocker... Iraq.

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Dec 25 06:46:35 UTC 2003

>>>>> "alex" == alex  <alexlinux at qwest.net> writes:

alex> So you must advocate people procreating all over the place [...]

Where did you get that?

alex> [...] and then the rest of us making sure that the children they
alex> have are fed and clothed with a roof over their head?

Yes, because the alternative is _worse_ and _more expensive_.  Why be
a moron and machine-gun your own foot?

alex> Why place that kind of burden on responsible people who may be
alex> making it on a shoe string budget?

It's everyones burden.

alex> Why not teach people to keep their pants on(or use other methods
alex> if they just have to have sex)in the first place and then we'd
alex> have a lot less problems

That's just what we should do, but in schools and by providing
reproductive health services, not by forcing them to starve.

The more society fails to produce winning people, the more society
suffers.  Unless you are ready with the tin of Zyklon-B (and until you
are ready to get in line when the time comes), the best, least-cost
strategy is to produce more winning people.  That takes investment.

Furthermore, the world is headed towards _needing_ a lot fewer people,
skilled and unskilled just through automation.  Winning today might
easily be surplus tomorrow.  Unless we figure out how to spread the
benefits around better than we do now, get ready for the Zyklon-B.

Merry Christmas.

seniorr at aracnet.com