[PLUG-TALK] Anti-war vs war mongers. (ick)

Carla Schroder pluglist at bratgrrl.com
Wed Jan 15 00:24:11 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 03:35 pm, Russ Johnson wrote:
> You know, there's a big difference in "fighting for freedom" like we did
> in WWI/II and "fighting for oil" like this will be in the Persian Gulf.
>
> I understand the sentiment you have, and I would lay down my life to
> defend freedom. However, part of that freedom is that Dan has the
> "RIGHT" to protest what his government is doing. That's one of many
> RIGHTS the military fights to protect. So telling them to fuck off,
> while it might be within your rights, it's not proper to take away their
> right to protest either.
>
> On the other hand....

Lotsa luck. War is brave, peace is sissy. Questioning policy is wrong. A real
patriot is not afraid to fling that pesky ole Bill of Rights out of the way
when it becomes inconvenient.  (do I really need to indicate sarcasm?)

I've yet to meet a combat vet who was gung-ho on war, least of all a
trumped-up war like the one with Iraq. It's so easy to beat that drum when
other people are sent away to do the dirty work.

athlon rob:
>Ever wonder what those who are actually putting their lives on the line
>in this war - to protect your right to be a fucked up ass hole - think
>about anti-war protestors?

It's embarrassing to even have to point this out, it's so obvious-
criticizing Administration policy, and criticizing our excellent
servicepeople, are not the same things. The women and men in our armed
services are fine people serving their country, and they deserve a much
better Commander in Chief. This Administration is scary. They're going to
drive us into a world war, for no good reason at all.

--
Carla Schroder