[PLUG-TALK] reliance on technology (was: Redhat changes, fedora)

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Nov 5 17:44:15 UTC 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Brent Rieck wrote:
> Are you including things like indoor plumbing and refrigeration?

Absolutely.  Every piece of technology you use.

> I'd bet that most people have absolutely no idea how either work but
> both of them are vital (at least I think).

And that's a really bad thing in my opinion.

I've always said that if I have children, they can't have any toys until
they can tell me how they work.  That means, of course, nothing but solid
objects and obvious simple machines for a few years.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net