[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Redhat changes, fedora

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Nov 5 21:17:58 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Russ" == Russ Johnson <russj at dimstar.net> writes:

Russ> Downloading requires LOTS of electricity. Every device the bits
Russ> travel through takes power. If I'm downloading from a remote
Russ> server, then the bits can easily go through 100 devices, all
Russ> using power.

Russ> I'd estimate that it's about a wash as far as which method is
Russ> "cheaper" on an environmental scale.

I am not sure that's true on a $/bit basis.  I'd like to see such a
claim pencilled out.

seniorr at aracnet.com