[PLUG-TALK] reliance on technology (was: Redhat changes, fedora)

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Nov 5 23:10:15 UTC 2003

RJ> Nothing about balance, gyroscopic forces, gravity, or kinetic
RJ> energy.  Which are all part of how a bicycle works.

Jeme> Balance isn't something that needs description.  The basics to
Jeme> describing how a bicycle works are the simple chain drive (for
Jeme> bikes with those) and the gyroscopic force.  That's it.  Kids
Jeme> can get that by four.

Aren't gyroscopic forces somewhat insignificant?  I've always assumed
it was steering that kept bicycles from falling over.

See Subject 9.35 from:

  <http://www.faqs.org/faqs/bicycles-faq/part5/>

seniorr at aracnet.com