[PLUG-TALK] Michael, On the subject of God.

Michael C. Robinson michael at robinson-west.com
Fri Nov 14 05:10:04 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 20:34, Russ Johnson wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I have a question.
>
> Do you believe that God knows everything? i.e.
> Everything that has happened or
> will happen?

Here's my scoop, hope this dribble is somewhat
worthy of the subject.  Course it isn't ;-)

Yes.  I don't however believe that we have anything
but free will with regard to our actions and choices.
There is biblical evidence for Christ knowing the
future at the last supper.  How did Christ know
betrayal was going to occur if he didn't see the
future?  Judas is a hard figure to swallow
considering he was disgusted with himself shortly
after handing over Christ.  Yet, there is biblical
evidence he went to hell.  He probably wanted to
be there after what He did to Christ, I wish he
had asked the other apostles for forgiveness.
He could have hid for a while, until things
cooled down.  I'm sure the other apostles would
have helped him after Pentecost.

God knows multiple possibilities acting always in a way
that will ensure everyone's free will.  At the same time,
He encourages the largest number to make the right
decisions and come to Him.  This is why the church and
the pope make so much sense.  It takes faith and
understanding to gain the full benefit of this gift
instituted by Christ through Peter.  Unlike an
undeniable God coming to us, with the church there
is a chance to believe He exists without knowing
He exists.  This must please Him greatly.  Otherwise,
wouldn't He'd be walking around still in an undeniable
form?

--
Michael C. Robinson

Associates of General Studies