[PLUG-TALK] Michael, On the subject of God.

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Fri Nov 14 16:03:33 UTC 2003

On Thursday 13 November 2003 09:10 pm, Michael C. Robinson wrote:
> Yes.  I don't however believe that we have anything
> but free will with regard to our actions and choices.

This is illogical.

How can some being know what you are going to do, yet you still claim that you
choose to do it?

The two concepts are mutually exclusive.

It's either on, or it's off. There is no middle ground.

> God knows multiple possibilities

If there are multiple possibilities, then God doesn't know everything that
will happen. If you have a choice, then God can't know what you will do.
Making your belief in his ability to know what will happen, wrong. In other
words, he's not omnipotent.

He either knows what you will do, or he doesn't. There is no middle ground.

If he knows what you might do, he doesn't know what you'll do.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #17 (Collect all 22)
"I wasn't as smart then as I am now. But who ever is?" - Tina Turner