[PLUG-TALK] Being plonked on plug...

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Fri Nov 14 17:59:14 UTC 2003

* Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com> [2003-11-14 07:58]:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Russ Johnson wrote:
>
> > Religion should NOT be a basis for laws that apply to all Americans,
> > or do you only preach constitutionalism when it's in line with your
> > religious beliefs?
>
> There are two fairly critical distinctions you're blurring here:
>
> * religion and church
> * basis and outcome

Given the context, I think I'm fairly well in line.

Michael is using his religion as a basis for what he believes should be
the law.

On the other hand, I think you should leave religion out of the law
making business.

Just because some guy living on another continent says it's wrong,
shouldn't change my rights. Then again, even if he lived on this
continent, I wouldn't think his beliefs should change my rights, or the
just laws of this country.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #12 (Collect all 22)
"Attitudes are capable of making the same experience either pleasant or painful." - John Powell