[PLUG-TALK] Michael, On the subject of God.

Michael C. Robinson michael at robinson-west.com
Fri Nov 14 18:36:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 10:13, Russ Johnson wrote:
> * Michael C. Robinson <michael at robinson-west.com> [2003-11-14 09:31]:
> > Why are you putting limitations on God Russ?  Just because
> > he knows multiple possibilities does that mean he doesn't
> > know which one?
>
> And if he knows which one you will choose, you've just given up free
> will. It also precludes "multiple possibilities".

Now your just acting like Jeme.  Just because one outcome out of
a set of outcomes occurs, that does not prove there was only one
possible outcome.  If we are predestined, why did Judas, whom
Jesus loved, go to Hell?  If I know you're going to make choices,
but I'm not around to influence you, have I influenced those
choices?  Is always knowing alone what choices your going
to make change those choices?  Of course it doesn't.  I'm
not saying the Holy Spirit doesn't influence us, though
our consciences do need forming.

Do I not have the freedom to say to God, show me your will for
me?  Do I always ask this?  Unfortunately no, but I should.

If faith weren't a gift from God, I'd say I can help you Russ,
I can't.  Does God have the authority to judge you without
influencing the choices to the point where you have no other
choice?  Yes, he does.  I believe one day we will judge
ourselves in His undeniable presence, we will choose where
to go for eternity.  I hope your living your life so that
you can spend eternity in heaven, the choices we make today
affect whether or not we will live in the full presence of
God.

--
Michael C. Robinson

Associates of General Studies