[PLUG-TALK] Being plonked on plug...

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Fri Nov 14 20:36:30 UTC 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Russ Johnson wrote:
> You are the most narrow minded, egocentric person i know.

You wanna back that up?  I believe I've showed today alone a flexibility
of mind of which you repeatedly demonstrated yourself incapable.  So that
makes me at least less narrow-minded than one person.

As for egocentricity, I have no comment except to say that it is an
unfortunate fact of our insulated minds that we cannot commune directly
and are stuck inside the perspective of the one ego.

Have you ever read Theodore Sturgeon's The Cosmic Rape?  The concept of
the book is a hive mind's first encounter with the human race which is
unique in this consciousness' experience as both intelligent and
productive as well as individual-minded and egocentric.  This being was
also egocentric, but its ego encompassed many, many individual lives.
It's good food.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin