[PLUG-TALK] Being plonked on plug...

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Fri Nov 14 21:31:29 UTC 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Russ Johnson wrote:
> * Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net> [2003-11-14 12:36]:
> > On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Russ Johnson wrote:
> > > You are the most narrow minded, egocentric person i know.
> > You wanna back that up?
>
> And just how would I do that?

You would do that by showing that I am more narrow-minded than every other
person on this list including yourself, for a start.

> I only have to prove it to one person to have the opinion. Me. I've done
> that, and so I'm finished.

But it is a statement of fact, not opinion.  It's not like you said I was
"ugly" or "bad" or something.  Those are subjective and a matter of
opinion.  Narrow-mindedness is definable and relative.  To say that I am
more or less narrow-minded than a particular set is to make a statement of
fact that must be proven.

> > I believe I've showed today alone a flexibility of mind of which you
> > repeatedly demonstrated yourself incapable.
>
> In your opinion. Opinions vary.

That's not a statement of opinion, Russell.  I think that your idea of
what constitutes an "opinion" is very similar to your idea of what
constitutes a "conclusion" -- and their both not based on the real meaning
of the word.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin