[PLUG-TALK] Michael, On the subject of God.

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Sat Nov 15 02:16:54 UTC 2003

On Friday 14 November 2003 05:49 pm, Michael C. Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 16:04, Russ Johnson wrote:
> > * Michael C. Robinson <michael at robinson-west.com> [2003-11-14 15:41]:
> > >
> > > You mean the teaching all people have free will Russ?
> >
> > It wouldn't be the first or last time the church contradicts itself.
>
> Who made you the authority on what the church has or hasn't done
> anyways?

Well, for starters, I can only comment on what has occured with me.

The church has contradicted itself. The ultimate word of "the church" is the
bible. You can read any number of places where one passage will contradict
another. This is a known fact.

> For someone who hasn't read any church documents your
> sure the expert.  The church has always taught that all people
> have free will.  Oh, the church doesn't teach that a person needs
> to be Catholic to get to heaven either, but then you wouldn't know
> that would you Russ?

I was, at one time, a church going person. I overlooked the lies, the
half-truths and the contradictions. Until there came to be just too many of
them.

So as far as your statements above. You know not what you talk about Michael.
Unless you know my experiences, you have nothing to base your statement on.

> You know the guy who shot the pope.  That guy is sorry he did it
> and the pope forgave him.  Consider that only a metal stopped the
> bullet from killing the pope.  I'd say your crap statement only
> shows how uninformed you are.

When did I mention the assassination attempt on the pope?

> And about the celibacy comments.  There aren't very many pedophiles
> in the priest population where there are far more among married men.
> Another note, homosexuality and pedophilia are not linked either.
> I wouldn't point the last thing out if I was homophobic now would
> I?

I believe that was Jeme that talked about those facts. You might try replying
to the message in question, instead of lumping them all in one reply.

I have never said you were homophobic.

Of course, this comes back to your lack of skills in replying.

> Christ said Peter you are rock and upon this rock I will build my
> church.  Show me where the church is fundamentally wrong on faith
> and morals in what is taught infallibly out of Rome.  There are
> only two infallible teachings, but I bet you don't even know what
> they are.

Do I care? Not one iota. I don't need false gods to prop up my self worth or
my existence.

Religion in this world has done more harm than good. There have been more
deaths due to religion than any other cause. You asked me earlier if I wanted
another civil war... How can you condone a religion that put people to death
and did things like the Crusades?

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #3 (Collect all 22)
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in
school." - Albert Einstein