[PLUG-TALK] Michael, On the subject of God.

Michael C. Robinson michael at robinson-west.com
Sat Nov 15 21:22:35 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 22:14, Russ Johnson wrote:
> On Friday 14 November 2003 07:20 pm, Michael C. Robinson wrote:
> > That guy who shot the pope was a muslim.  Try reconsidering
> > if your anger over the crusades is anger against abuses that
> > are in the past.  The man I understand was grateful for the
> > pope's forgiveness.
>
> None of what you say changes anything. Religion is the creation of man, to
> subjugate man to other men. It's a means of control.

Even though Christ is true God and true man you say this?  I'm not
aware of any subjugation.  Celibacy has great value in avoiding
disease and certain entanglements.  Catholic relief services feed
and clothe many people allowing them to survive.  In fact, Christ
says we are to serve each other.  Not subjugate.  Even outside
christianity you find religions centered around service.  Your
just angry, your not making any valid point.

What creation of man can last 2000 years?  It is absurd for something
man made to last that long.

--
Michael C. Robinson

Associates of General Studies