[PLUG-TALK] Michael, On the subject of God.

Michael C. Robinson michael at robinson-west.com
Tue Nov 18 16:43:39 UTC 2003

> All I'm saying is that ANY organized religion is a creation of man. One
> of the purposes of any religion is to subjugate (i.e. control) the followers of
> that religion.
>
> Are they going to tell you this??? No, not in so many words. But that's
> how it works.
>
> > Not subjugate.
>
> See above.
>
> > Even outside
> > christianity you find religions centered around service.  Your
> > just angry, your not making any valid point.
>
> I'm not angry. You want to follow after that, be my guest. My point
> makes perfect sense. You are the one trying to say the truth lies in a book
> without any verifiable proof.
>
> > What creation of man can last 2000 years?
>
> A pyramid. The parthenon. The bible. Shintoism which is older than
> Christianity by at least 500 years. Buddhism, which is also older than
> Christianity. The Great Wall of China.
>
> There are lots of things that can and have lasted much longer than 2000
> years.
>
> > It is absurd for something
> > man made to last that long.
>
> I think I've shown otherwise. Some of the pyramids are over 4000 years
> old.

The bible isn't 2000 years old in written form.  It was an oral
tradition which had not been officially codified for at least 100
years after Christ's death.  The six books of the Torah
existed longer, but written copies of even the Torah were
rare historically.  The Catholic church is more than what's in
a book, the pope can be traced through a line of men all the
way back to Peter.  Accounts in the bible can be corraborated
with Roman records and other sources  Where your talking about
structures mentioning pyramids, those aren't human organizations
or religions.  Why ignore ancient traditions of faiths which
are not written in any book?

Worship of God is offering oneself to Him, purity improves
the offering.  The gift He offers is eternal paradise.

Unless there's nothing after death, people like you Russ are
in big trouble.  Saying God doesn't matter when he most likely
does care about what we do is ludicrous.  Being unable to
control coming into existence, what makes any person think
they can single handedly control what happens to them after
death?  I don't see religion as subjugation compared to
what God could do.  He could decide that His creation
turned out poorly, then rectify the issue by wiping it.
The fact that He hasn't shows how merciful he is.  It also
demonstrates that humanity is of great value to God.

There's no way to prove that God doesn't exist so look
at the above again even though it's fairly obvious you
won't at this point.

--
Michael C. Robinson

Associates of General Studies