[PLUG-TALK] Being plonked on plug...

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Nov 18 19:21:08 UTC 2003

First, let me just say that I can't believe two grown men are arguing
about the existence of God.  Every rational person can figure out that the
supernatural cannot be explained rationally (naturally) and hence, the
only "proof" for God is faith.  QED.  Shut the fuck up.

Second, we all know that Michael is irrational (or at least inconsistently
rational) and kinda loopy, but Russ, you're just not making any sense.

See as follows:

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Russ Johnson wrote:
> * Russ Johnson <russj at dimstar.net> [2003-11-18 09:48]:
> > God has nothing to do with what your rights are. "Self-evident" means
> > they need to proof. Not that there's any proof that god exists. But
> > then, god is not self-evident. Otherwise, religion wouldn't require "faith".
>
> That should read, "...need no proof..."

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Russ Johnson wrote:
> > Worship of God is offering oneself to Him, purity improves
> > the offering.  The gift He offers is eternal paradise.
>
> Prove it.
[snip]
> In other words, he doesn't exist until proven to exist.

Why is it that his assertion of faith requires proof and your assertion of
faith does not?

They're both just things people made up to fit a situation and folks put
their belief in them.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin