[PLUG-TALK] Being plonked on plug...

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Tue Nov 18 21:17:44 UTC 2003

* Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net> [2003-11-18 11:20]:

> First, let me just say that I can't believe two grown men are arguing
> about the existence of God.  Every rational person can figure out that the
> supernatural cannot be explained rationally (naturally) and hence, the
> only "proof" for God is faith.  QED.  Shut the fuck up.

Don't we have the right to be as irrational as we want? I mean, this is
plug-talk, and there's no "topic" off limits.

If it bothers you, ignore it.

Otherwise, we need to rename the mailing list. Something like,
"Plug-Talk about topics that Jeme approves".

> Second, we all know that Michael is irrational (or at least inconsistently
> rational) and kinda loopy, but Russ, you're just not making any sense.
>
> See as follows:
>
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Russ Johnson wrote:
> > * Russ Johnson <russj at dimstar.net> [2003-11-18 09:48]:
> > > God has nothing to do with what your rights are. "Self-evident" means
> > > they need to proof. Not that there's any proof that god exists. But
> > > then, god is not self-evident. Otherwise, religion wouldn't require "faith".
> >
> > That should read, "...need no proof..."
>
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Russ Johnson wrote:
> > > Worship of God is offering oneself to Him, purity improves
> > > the offering.  The gift He offers is eternal paradise.
> >
> > Prove it.
> [snip]
> > In other words, he doesn't exist until proven to exist.
>
> Why is it that his assertion of faith requires proof and your assertion of
> faith does not?

What "assertion of faith" have I made? Something that is "self-evident"
needs no faith.

> They're both just things people made up to fit a situation and folks put
> their belief in them.

In your opinion.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #21 (Collect all 22)
Is it a co-incidence that there are 42 characters, including spaces, in the following sentence: "Answer to life the universe and everything"