[PLUG-TALK] Being plonked on plug...

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Nov 18 21:29:12 UTC 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Russ Johnson wrote:
> * Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net> [2003-11-18 11:20]:
>
> Don't we have the right to be as irrational as we want? I mean, this is
> plug-talk, and there's no "topic" off limits.

You DO have the right to be irrational, but if you're going to be
irrational, don't pretend that you're arguing with any kind of logic or
reason.

> If it bothers you, ignore it.

I have, thus far.

> What "assertion of faith" have I made? Something that is "self-evident"
> needs no faith.

So, if Michael said the existence of God was "self-evident", you'd buy it?
I don't think so.  You'd demand proof.

Faith is the only proof for things unprovable.  You insist that the
inalienability of certain rights is "self-evident".  That is an assertion
of truth that is unprovable without faith.

> > They're both just things people made up to fit a situation and folks
> > put their belief in them.
>
> In your opinion.

...and the opinion of everyone who doesn't hold your faith.

At least Michael KNOWS he's got religion.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net