[PLUG-TALK] dear ignorant Alex Daniloff

richard marzar rmarzar2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 18:11:46 UTC 2003

Thank you, rlm

Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com> wrote:On Thursday 20 November 2003 11:51 pm, Alex Daniloff wrote:
> Carla, just to cure your ignorance...
> It's unethical and not funny to make jokes over death of Kursk,
> and other military or civilian personnel.
> Soviet submarines didn't have conventional computers per say.
> They were mostly analog ones with parallel signal processing.
> Latest models were based on optical bus, memory and processors.
> I can tell you a story, that when CIA and Pentagon switched from
> UNIX mainframes to Win NT workstation for all encrypted data
> processing, CIS (former USSR) intelligence units had a big
> celebration.
> Before that it would take them a week to brake US military code, and
> after transition to NT just a couple of minutes.
>
> Alex

First of all, the article mocks Windows, not military personnel. Score
one for your own ignorance and lack of understanding. Secondly, who
gives a shit about what kind of systems Soviet subs really run? Do you
really believe that anyone reading that piece would take it literally?
Well hell, I guess you did. Kinda hard to take your post seriously when
it's based on a totally incorrect premise.

Third, if someday I choose to mock military personnel, dead or alive,
that's my choice. You have no say in my values.

--
Carla Schroder