[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] RAID 1 suggestions - why backup email on DLT

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Nov 25 20:23:43 UTC 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Don Buchholz wrote:
> The government mandates to archive *everything* are getting ridiculous!
> Next up ... record all phone calls!  (VOIP only makes this easier ...)
> :-p

Well, as it becomes easier and easier to use the manipulation of
information to exploit people, it becomes more and more necessary to leave
a trail of clear facts and some idea of intent.

Electronic communication is faster, sure, and email is much more efficient
at some things than, say, writing letters, but its mutability is a great
liability and without reliable archives, we could very well be building
ourselves a nice Dark Ages.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin