[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Postfix header_checks (was Reporting SPAM)

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Sun Oct 19 15:12:33 PDT 2003

On 19 Oct 2003 12:17:04 -0700
Russell Senior <seniorr at aracnet.com> wrote:

> If your house is burning down, is it "nice" for your neighbor to just
> let you sleep, or wouldn't it be nicer on some larger scale to try to
> shake you awake and interrupt your nice nap?  My guess is that you
> might be annoyed at first, but when you begin to understand the mess
> you are in, you will be mighty grateful for the interruption.

I would hope that someone would wake me, if my smoke detectors (all three of them) fail to.

> Maybe it is Republican dogma that anyone in a burning house deserves
> to continue sleeping because they might be using public services, or
> that on an even larger scale that there are too many people on the
> planet and that the best means of population control is to let
> accident victims die without excessive concern.  Afterall, the dead
> are dead, so their troubles are over, but one less mouth leaves more
> resources for me.

Where did you read this?

Oh, and for the record, I have nothing against giving a "hand up". I have all kinds of animosity for those who expect a "hand out".

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Is it a co-incidence that there are 42 characters, including spaces, in the following sentence:

"Answer to life the universe and everything"