[PLUG-TALK] How to be a good Democrat

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Sun Oct 19 16:46:50 PDT 2003

On 19 Oct 2003 15:25:04 -0700
Russell Senior <seniorr at aracnet.com> wrote:

> So why choose to emphasize it with the Rush Limbaugh propaganda tract?

It was a JOKE, Russell. It was not propaganda. It was satire. The problem being, that most of the people I've talked to have that simple type of thinking.

> Russ> You take the single issue, and the answer is cut and dried.
>
> I disagree.  The single issue has lots of grey.  "Cut-and-dried" _is_
> one-bit thinking.

Exactly. And "most" folks DO think that way.

> Russ> Tommy Lee Jones character (Agent K) in MIB said it best, "A
> Russ> *person* is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals
> Russ> and you know it."
>
> A self-fulfilling prophesy.

I've found his statement to be quite true. Granted, I'm going on anecdotal evidence, but in this case, I've had very little evidence to the contrary.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Is it a co-incidence that there are 42 characters, including spaces, in the following sentence:

"Answer to life the universe and everything"