[PLUG-TALK] How to be a good Democrat

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sun Oct 19 23:53:28 PDT 2003

>>>>> "Russ" == Russ Johnson <russj at dimstar.net> writes:

Russ> I've been watching "my fellow man" for nearly 40 years.

Have a cookie.

Russ> I have a lot of first hand experience with how stupid the
Russ> average human can be.

Your error is to presume that "stupidity", however you choose to
describe that, is static.  I don't think it is.  There may be some
viscosity, but it _is_ mutable.  And even "very mutable" over the
course of a generation or two.  When you invest in civil society, you
get a more civil society.  You feed it a steady diet of "Survivor" and
you get people voting for movie stars and ruling-class degenerates
like GW.

--
Russell Senior         ``shtal latta wos ba padre u prett tu nashtonfi
seniorr at aracnet.com      mrlosh''  -- Bashgali Kafir for ``If you have