[PLUG-TALK] How to be a good Democrat

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Oct 20 23:21:22 UTC 2003

* Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net> [2003-10-20 16:07]:

> On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Russ Johnson wrote:
> > You assume that I presume. I do no such thing. I let people prove to me
> > how silly they are. I let them hang themselves, so to speak.
>
> But your concept of silly and stupid are totally devoid of objective
> definition.

OK, let's introduce a new term.

"Illogical to me." Roughly defined as, "Given the current state of
affairs, does not make sense to me."

> > With the state of our society, I have no doubt that things will get
> > worse before they get better.
>
> Have you ever heard of the power of positive thinking?  What are you doing
> to make things better?

I do my best to make sure my kids can think for themselves. I make sure
they aren't exposed to only what the school gives them. Etc. etc.

> > Our schools turn out tons of factory workers that have a hard time
> > thinking for themselves, so they will continue to vote for the candidate
> > they are programmed to vote for.
>
> Aren't you the one that wrote that you didn't have time to make schools
> better?

I don't. But that doesn't mean I can't add to what the schools I choose
for my kids give them.

> Take some responsibility for the world in which you live and work to make
> it a better place.  Think education sucks?  Become an educator.  Volunteer
> your non-working hours to afterschool education.  Do something.

I'm too busy making a living and undoing the damage already done to my
kids. Non-working hours. 8pm to 6 am, monday through friday. I don't
think many school kids are going to be available.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Is it a co-incidence that there are 42 characters, including spaces, in the following sentence:

"Answer to life the universe and everything"