[PLUG-TALK] University of Phoenix...

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Sep 3 04:13:59 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Michael C. Robinson wrote:
> I'm interested in stability, my goal in college is to reach a point
> where I can secure stable income and have stable employment.

Fat chance.  Welcome to post-industrial labor market capitalism, sir.

> If the last question is true, how can people who still want a degree for
> the stability and credibility it can offer them best proceed pursuing a
> goal of Professional Linux Programmer and System Administrator?

Seriously, man, you need either a blog or a therapist or both.

This constant stream-of-consciousness rambling and rhetorical questioning
with seemingly single-minded obsessiveness is not only tedious but
worrisome.

Get a degree, sure.  It doesn't really matter what you choose for an
undergraduate degree.  It's basically a check-box on a prospective
employer's wishlist.  (The exception being engineering disciplines of
which software engineering is not yet one.)

But I personally think you need a second and third hobby.  And maybe some
Haldol.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin