[PLUG-TALK] Is it just me, or...

Michael C. Robinson michael at goose.robinson-west.com
Mon Sep 15 08:19:43 UTC 2003

has http://ipmasq.cjb.net ceased to be about ip masquerading.
I've been getting nasty ads presumably from whoever took that
domain over where they are very hard to stop because they are
coming in from nonexistent, or at least non resolvable sources.
I checked through other sites to see if something had happened
to mine so far getting the same result.

What I need is a firewall that blocks anyone trying to
smtp me until a lookup can be done on the address a connection
attempt is being made from to determine that that address is
registered somewhere.  It won't stop everything, but at
least I won't have to deal with email that comes from
completely unregistered sources.  Anyone who wants or needs
to contact me can use a registered email address.

I guess there's a time for spamassasin, but I don't want
to let spammers connect at all even if it means blocking
hundreds of ip addresses.  Any spammer who connects has
won and will continue to send me trash even if their
stuff is being thrown away.

     --  Michael Robinson