[PLUG-TALK] Dooh dumped my mail server, well I'll see if...

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Fri Sep 19 21:49:36 UTC 2003

On 19 Sep 2003 13:08:44 -0700
"Michael C. Robinson" <michael at goose.robinson-west.com> wrote:

> I have decided it's highly unwise to even consider
> using hard drives for backups because of how easy it is to partition
> the wrong compared to tapes where you take them out of the system.

Actually, backups to a hard drive are very wise. Drive space is cheap, and it's supported most everywhere without any configuration.

The thing is, you want to use drives on another machine, and usually, a system that you don't make regular changes to all the time.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #13 (Collect all 20)
"I'm not smart enough to lie." - Ronald Reagan