[PLUG-TALK] Technobabble

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Apr 5 01:19:03 UTC 2004

Jeme A Brelin wrote:

>So, I've got this roommate that is apparently somewhat hard of hearing (to
>be fair, her room is somewhat sonicly isolated from the doorbell
>mechanism).  She can't hear the doorbell in her bedroom.  Well, that's
>tough.
>
>Anyway, I don't want a louder doorbell.  I think that's overkill.
>
>I'm hoping to get some kind of quick and dirty contact-closure type
>wireless device that can transmit a signal when the circuit is closed on
>the existing doorbell.  Seems pretty simple to me, but I don't know what
>kind of parts I need or if there is a commodity product that is cheap and
>can be adapted to the job.

We have a wireless doorbell at work. Seems to me the button
(transmitter) could be wired to a relay triggered by the existing
doorbell. I don't know what it's range is. The bell is only about 20
feet from where we put the button in our application.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #14 (Collect all 24)
"There is a point beyond which even justice becomes unjust." - Sophocles