[PLUG-TALK] Is there really anything wrong with the headers on this message...

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Wed Dec 8 16:09:53 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 00:35 -0800, Darkhorse wrote:
> I thought discrimantion based on: religion, politics, and race was
> largely defined as illegal in the civil rights movement of the
> 60's.

Discrimination by the gov't?  Yes.  By employers?  Usually.  By groups
like PLUG?  Nope.

> Is there a friendlier linux help list in Portland?

Go look for the PDX LUG, I think they called themselves.  Their whole
reason of being was to be friendlier than PLUG, I think.

> Maybe I'm better off with Microsoft.

That's a choice you'll have to make for yourself.  If you think people
disliking you on a Linux-related mailing list means Microsoft provides a
better Operating System, then by all means switch to Windows.

> Discriminating against
> people like me doesn't increase Linux adoption.   The more
> Linux gets adopted, the better it is likely to be for
> practical applications.
>
> I am tired of plug's closed minded moderator.

Newsflash:  You aren't being discriminated against for your sex,
religion, political views, or the color of your skin.

Somebody constantly posting off-topic and inflammatory rants to the PLUG
list under the guise of technical discussion... somebody constantly
disrupting the list... was blocked from using the list at all to keep
the signal-to-noise ratio palatable for most of the list participants.

That is, of course, assuming you were actually blocked and didn't just
mess up your mail server somehow.

--
Rob                                |  If not safe,
   Jabber: athlonrob at axpr.net   |    one can never be free.