[PLUG-TALK] banning folks from PLUG mailing list

gepr at tempusdictum.com gepr at tempusdictum.com
Wed Feb 4 17:30:52 UTC 2004

Brent Rieck writes:
 > Paul Heinlein wrote:
 > > On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Brian Beattie wrote:
 > >>While I don't like banning people from the list, I support the list
 > >>admins in this case.
 > >
 > > For the record, I do too. Robby's so-called Announcement of Feb 3 was
 > > way out of line and continues his disruptive habit of posting ad
 > > hominem attacks on PLUG.
 >
 > Can't you guys just add Robby to your killfiles?

I did that yesterday.  But, I'm glad they finally unsubed them.  I
don't support censorship.  But, I also don't support people's 'right'
to pee in the streets or deface public property, either.  I do support
decisive leadership on the part of those who are responsible for
pursuing some stated agenda.  And temporarily banning them from plug
is the right thing to do.

However, I do hope that they weren't banned from plug-talk.  They're
abusive banter should be tolerated in some venues in the same way
that we allow KKK members to march.

--
glen e. p. ropella              =><=                           Hail Eris!
H: 503.630.4505                              http://www.ropella.net/~gepr