[PLUG-TALK] banning folks from PLUG mailing list

gepr at tempusdictum.com gepr at tempusdictum.com
Wed Feb 4 20:18:27 UTC 2004

Brent Rieck writes:
 > I'm a little unclear as to why Robby and Cliff were banned too, to me it
 > seems because they're unpopular and childish rather than for objective
 > reasons.

They were clearly annoying.  I suppose it could have been more objective
if all the contributors to plug were rated on a scale of 1..5 of how
annoying they are.  Then if a person's level of annoying rises above,
say, 4.5, then they're warned.  Over a period of, say, a month, their
annoying level is tracked and if it drops below 4.5, the clock is
reset.  If it stays above 4.5, then they are given a second warning.
If at the end of another month, their annoying level hasn't dropped
below 4.5, they are unsubscribed.

I don't see any reason we couldn't use spamassassin/razor to automate
it, either. [grin]

--
glen e. p. ropella              =><=                           Hail Eris!
H: 503.630.4505                              http://www.ropella.net/~gepr