[PLUG-TALK] The Banning.

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Feb 4 22:22:21 UTC 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Brent Rieck wrote:
> Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> > I really don't even know what more to write on this topic.  I think WIL
> > has crossed a line here and I think we, as a free people, need to stand up
> > and do something about it.
>
> Stand up and do what?

First, talk to Wil about the choice that he made and who else was involved
and why it was done.  Reason with him and see what the result is.

Second, likely install a few more administrators who have the power to
reverse what they see as poor decisions made by others.

> Unsubscribe in anger?  Only the people that deeply care will
> unsubscribe, I'd guess that many people don't care that much.

Unsubscribing only hurts the unsubscriber and encourages the negative
behavior.

> Bitch and moan endlessly about it, arguing the minutiae of everything?

Arguing the minutiae is how we come to understanding.

> PLUG is really quite good at that, but what will it accomplish?

Understanding.  That's the highest goal.  In sane people, understanding
always leads to tolerance and accomodation.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net