[PLUG-TALK] The Banning.

(not) Robby Russell plugcensoredme at tearitalldown.com
Wed Feb 4 23:37:48 UTC 2004

Russell Senior typed this on 02/04/2004 03:02 PM:

> (not)> Embrace your enemy.... the one lesson that no one ever wants to
> (not)> consider as a viable option.
>
> I think, reviewing the record, I have from the very beginning been
> trying to reconcile whatever it was (never defined) that led to PDXLUG
> splitting in the first place.  I have consistently asked why we can't
> cooperate.  Coherent answer?  dead-air.

I think that you're asking a redundant question. Perhaps that is why you
are receiving 'dead-air' as a response. What does it matter if a group
was formed last year? Does it affect you? Has it raised your taxes? This
isn't a debate on whether or not PDXLUG should have evolved from the
situation that happened over a year ago. I'd like to see more groups
started as neither our model nor your model is the appropriate model to
follow for all people. If it were, people would not be banned. People
would not make public announcements that they are leaving the list.
Those people need their forum as well.

> (not)> I have never personally banned anyone on any list so please do
> (not)> not throw that back at me.
>
> You joined (hell, co-founded) a group that explicitly said that it
> _would_ ban people.  I think you'd better be prepared to catch
> whatever is thrown.

I also pay taxes to a government that kills civilians, I must be a
murderer too.

-Robby