[PLUG-TALK] Bitching.

Ross Brattain ross at principia.edu
Thu Feb 12 23:57:25 UTC 2004

Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net> writes:

> So, I have to install Windows 2000 on these three computers.  That sucks
> enough.
>
> But now I'm using this Windows Update thing to install service packs and
> whatnot.  Works fine... a little slow and totally opaque to the user, but
> works.

You want Windows Update Catalog, on the right under See Also.  From there you can download
individual updates and save them.

A side note, has anyone tried Windows Update for 98SE recently, it
gave me an error yesterday, which makes me think they turned off the
98SE update spigot.  I had to poke around and find the Windows Update
Catalog feature.  The bastards.

-Ross