[PLUG-TALK] Bitching.

gepr at tempusdictum.com gepr at tempusdictum.com
Tue Feb 17 15:19:39 UTC 2004

Paul Johnson writes:
 > On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 03:43:22PM -0800, gepr at tempusdictum.com wrote:
 > > Paul Johnson writes:
 > >  > I'd jump on simply because it's Verizon.  I don't have kind feelings
 > >  > for Qwest, either, which is why I switched to Vonage last year.
 > >
 > > Well, there are lots of corporeal bodies (people, LLPs, and corporations)
 > > that I have no kind feelings for.  But, I'm not going to punch them in
 > > the mouth when I see them on the streets, either.
 >
 > Ah.  You didn't get ripped off by them, then.

Sure, I have.  But, money isn't everything.  Hell, I give away more
money than has been stolen from me... And in most of the cases where
something's been stolen, if they'd only asked, I probably would have
given it to them, anyway.

The most that's ever been stolen from me was ~$30,000 from a guy who
continued to promise payment for my work for about 3 months until I
finally just couldn't work for free anymore.  But, who cares, really?
The poor guy had problems.  Getting my money was far less important
than him working out whatever problems caused him to flake out.  And
it's my fault for working for free, anyway.

The same is true of that loser who stole my laundry basket back in
college.  It's 2am and I finally get around to washing my clothes
and the washing machine is a half mile from my dorm.... and this
whoever, steals my ratty, broken up, laundry basket so I have to
make several trips back to my dorm with handfuls.  And if the person
had just _asked_, I would have taken my stuff back to my dorm and
given him the damn basket. [grin]

--
glen e. p. ropella              =><=                           Hail Eris!
H: 503.630.4505                              http://www.ropella.net/~gepr