On vs. Off topic Re: [PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] E-mail etiquette: why MS users don't have it

gepr at tempusdictum.com gepr at tempusdictum.com
Mon Feb 23 19:01:26 UTC 2004

Brian Beattie writes:
 > Is that clear?

I've deleted all the context, since I think the original context
will come through by reading the original content.... the various
attempts to interserse have not worked. [grin]  (If you have a
good email client, you can track the thread by the headers.)

All I originally said was that the thread was OT.  You disagree.
Fine.

I further provided a reasoning mechanism that defended my original
claim that it was OT.  This reasoning mechanism comes in the form of
an if-then.  I asked you whether or not you disagreed with the if-then
or with the conclusion.  It was not clear to me which you were
disagreeing with... because you didn't provide a complete statement of
your point and chose, instead, to intersperse comments within an
edited version of my original email.

In fact, it's still not clear which part of it you disagree with.
But, that's fine.  If you don't want to explain your reasoning, you
don't have to!  99% of the people (if there are any) who have read
this sub-thread know what you meant.  _I_ didn't.  I'm stupid and just
don't get it.  That's fine.  You have no obligation to explain your
statements to me.

Now... as for PLUG... my reasons for bringing in the reasoning
mechanism was to bait someone into a drill-down about when one
might post to PLUG versus PLUG-TALK.  You're not playing the game
I put forth. [grin]  So, my bait didn't work.  That's cool, too.

Since I'm new here, I choose to follow as closely to the letter
of the "law" as I can.... and the only letters I can find are the
brief descriptions in mailman.  For those of you who've been here
awhile, you have an intuition that I don't have.  All I'm doing is
trying to accelerate the building of my intuition.

p.s. I hope that I sprinkle all these emails with enough emoticons
to indicate that I'm not trying to be an *ssh&l#.  I'm doing 2 things:
1) having fun and 2) trying to get to know you people.  (1) takes
prececence over (2). [grin]
--
glen e. p. ropella              =><=                           Hail Eris!
H: 503.630.4505                              http://www.ropella.net/~gepr