[PLUG-TALK] Personal attacks

anonymous 1000-plug-talk at robinson-west.com
Thu Jan 1 08:23:18 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 20:08, Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, anonymous wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 17:36, Mark wrote:
> > > anonymous wrote:
> > > Who would hire him
> >
> > > knock it off.
> >
> > So Brelin and others can say things I don't like and refuse to leave me
> > alone even if I don't sign an on topic posting on plug, but I can't call
> > him or others on it?
>
> You're welcome to call me on it.  But that's not what you did that got you
> smacked down by Mark.
>
> > Do I have to use a third party email address to post anonymously because
> > people will see robinson-west.com as negative and proceed to harass me?
>
> The only way they're not going to see your address as negative is by
> reading something sensible under it.  Changing the address doesn't do
> anything to change others' opinion.

Coming from someone who says why he smacked you, I'm not impressed.
This is no better than Brelin calling for incompetent IT folks to
lose their jobs.  Ignoring Brelin's excesses is ungenerous and unkind,
how would you like to be targeted directly on a community list and
then told to apologize for upsetting everyone?  Vigilantism is not
impressive either, how do demands for an apology from me amount to
any more than a display of ego and thirst for power?  I stand behind
my criticism of Brelin that he should treat other people better, even
if they are incompetent.  I also believe it's wrong to create
derogatory terms that refer directly to a person and then use
them purposely to cause offense, robinsonian rant.