[PLUG-TALK] morality in media

Chuck Mize cmize at goiter.com
Sat Jan 17 00:58:11 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 16:43, gepr at tempusdictum.com wrote:

> Ooo!  Ooo!  Pick me! Pick me!  I can answer this one!
>
> Overall, it is a part of everyone's agenda to make the world amenable
> to ourselves and our offspring.  (If you think that's not on your
> agenda, then we have some deeper philosophy to discuss and will have
> to leave morals and ethics for later.)  I believe this all stems from
> survival and comfort.  We want to minimize risk to ourselves and our
> loved ones.

Okay, but how does that justify Michael making judgements about other
people based on his interpretation of their "morality"? (I use quotes
because I don't think that a person's moral center is decided by what
they watch during prime time.) Understanding the world around you and
judging people by what they like to watch on television or two very
different things.