[PLUG-TALK] morality in media...

anonymous 1000-plug-talk at robinson-west.com
Sun Jan 18 00:58:09 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 11:21, Russell Senior wrote:

> Jeme> We have very different ideas of what "porn" is.  I don't think
> Jeme> this broad kind of statement can be addressed when such
> Jeme> divisions exist.  If you want to get at the ideas in a more
> Jeme> meaningful way, pick an example with which we all have
> Jeme> experience and analyze it publicly.
>
> There is a somewhat interesting exploration of the meaning of
> pornography called _Watching Sex: How Men Really Respond to
> Pornography_, written by a local Harvard-educated guy, and
> incidentally an occasional participant in local newsgroups, named
> David Loftus.  See: <http://www.david-loftus.com/>.  I was invited to
> the party marking its publication, and so I've got a signed copy.  It
> is also available from the Multnomah County Library.

I'm not impressed with him, nor did I find anything about this.
As far as what kind of pornography, women preying on men's sexual
desires for money by showing themselves having orgasms and engaging
in other similar acts including vaginal display.  Linux is not
immune to this, emails from hookers can be seen on a Linux email
system as well as any Windows one.  I know because I had a school
girl for some unknown reason decide to send me pictures of herself
with her breasts exposed.  I contacted her school after
searching the headers of her email.  Received a thank
you message back, don't know what will become of her
though.  Beautiful young woman, it's a shame she's
mixed up with the adult entertainment industry.  I
hope her school gets her out of it.

It was a predatory message she sent me complete with links
to sites selling pornography.  How did she get involved
with the porn industry using a school computer?

I believe, as many do, that the Internet was never intended
to increase prostitution.  The first priority should be to
bar minors from getting into prostitution at school and
make sure parents have the tools to prevent trouble
at home.  The most important action is to teach.  If the
women  of tomorrow reject "adult" entertainment, they
won't become become future porn models.  Sexual interest
alone has never been able to keep two people together,
look how many different women are on a single porn site.
This, unfortunately, also explains why the porn industry
is so profitable.  The product creates demand for more
porn as the customers get bored.  It is addictive where
the activities that are involved in producing pose a
public health risks.

Some would say leave the women that want to be in the porn
industry be.  I bet most woman who have gotten out will strongly
disagree with this.  Serious illness, miscarriages, and
abortions are real risks associated with prostitution.  Despite
popular opinion, NARAL pushes abortion and birth control for
one reason and one reason only, profit.