[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Happy Birthday, Portland!

gepr at tempusdictum.com gepr at tempusdictum.com
Sat Jan 24 18:09:17 UTC 2004

Brian Beattie writes:
 > On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 22:59, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
 > > >
 > > > No thanks, I'd like to make sure schools and transit keep running.
 > >
 > > Just to clarify, that's not to say I'd like to have Katz for one second
 > > longer than her current term allows... just that I'm not about to put a
 > > libertarian in an executive/administrative position.
 >
 > "We further support immediate reduction of tax support for schools," -
 > Libertarian Party.
 >
 > You think that won't improve the schools?

It certainly will improve our schools.

Putting a libertarian in an admin/exec office is the _best_ thing we
can do for our hippie-laden, soft paternalist,
entitlement-promulgating, never-offend-anyone,
no-negative-reinforcement, god-forbit-a-kid-ever-get-a-boo-boo,
prevent-parents-from-raising-their-own-kids, multi-billion-dollar,
holy-cow-theyre-wearing-pacifiers child day care agency.

[whew]  OK.  Sorry about that.  Now back to your regularly scheduled
communism.

--
glen e. p. ropella              =><=                           Hail Eris!
H: 503.630.4505                              http://www.ropella.net/~gepr