[PLUG-TALK] O.J. and guns

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Fri Jul 2 01:08:21 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 20:56 -0400, Brian Beattie wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 20:04, AthlonRob wrote:
>
> > The system doesn't work very well with domestic violence - IMO, it
> > should be a lot harsher and less forgiving.
>
> I suspect that the problem is more that victims find it hard to press
> charges and/or to "get out".  Domestic violence is a difficult and
> complex problem that does not lend it self to the 4x5 card solutions
> that so many conservatives and libertarians love.

Yup, the victims do find it hard to press charges and/or get out... but
I think the system needs to do something to work around this.  IMHO,
that's a great part of where the system fails everybody.

--
Rob                                |  If not safe,
   Jabber: athlonrob at axpr.net   |    one can never be free.